Wednesday, February 29, 2012

common problems with bands (part 2)

2. No Real Goals-If you really just play in a band for fun or stress relief and have absolutely no aspirations to anything larger, this post is not for you.

OK guys. Here's the deal. Just because it's art doesn't mean it all just magically happens. Playing at parties is awesome and it may get you laid here and there but how do you get to the next level? In order to succeed, you have to be able to at least see it in your mind first. In order to play the kinds of shows you really want to play you have to actually believe you can do this.  Some people call it Law of Attraction. Others call it manifesting.

10 years ago, I started this band.

Before I had even written most of the songs for the first album, I filled several notebooks full of ideas about the band. Who was our audience? Where would we play? What would our artwork look like? At the time, I had no idea I was manifesting anything. I was just obsessed with a new idea. I was astonished, as time went on, to see almost all of my dreams come true. It really freaked me out.

This blog is just a more public way to manifest what frank lloyd rock will be like.



No comments:

Post a Comment